More about the prize later. First let me tell you how to enter:
1. Leaving a comment on this post will earn you one entry.
2. Leaving a comment on any post within this blog will earn you one entry per post.
3. Signing up to my RSS feed will earn you one entry.
4. Clicking on my EntreCard will earn you one entry.
6. Blog about this contest and receive 50 entries (plus the 25 for the link).
7. Donating money to my PayPal account will earn you 10 entries for every $1 you spend.
8. Buy a product from my Zazzle store and you will earn 20 entries for every product you buy (Don’t forget to send me an email at NotWear@NotJohnChow.com to let me know what you bought). If you send me a photo of you with the product that is worth 50 entries!
I wanted the biggest, best contest that I could muster up for that would be worthy to put the Not John Chow dot Com blog. What could I give away that has not been given away before? What could I give away that would get the blogosphere, the world, and even Oprah’s attention?
I couldn’t identify the ultimate prize of prizes. I look around my house, my office, my car, under the couch cushion and yet I was still left uninspired. I wanted something big, but what could it be?
I thought okay, maybe I could go to the store and buy something unique, origional, expensive, but what?
Frustrated I hopped in the car (You know the one! My 2005 Pontiac Aztek — the one that I used to rear end that car that stopped for the ducks crossing the street – #&!% Ducks!) planning on going on the shopping spree of a life time when I noticed it. It was sticking out of my mail box. I thought do I look at it now or when I get back? I sat there for a long time pondering this exact thought. I listened to Pete Townshend belt out “Put the Money Down.” I found yet more reasons to put off looking at it, then I figured “What the heck. I might as well know now.”
So, I got out of the car, walked up to my front door and opened the mail box. I perused the stacks of advertisements, bill, and alas, the bank statement. I opened the door and threw the mail on the hallway floor to be dealt with later. The one envelope I held onto was the bank statement.
I returned to my car. I listened to Kinks on the radio. The song was ”Apeman.” I pondered the bank statement for awhile and after three or four more songs by Pink Floyd, the Small Faces, and David Bowie, I opened it. I read it. I put it back in the envelope.
I had no money. Oh yea. I remember now. I’m broke. I have no money. I have nothing.
That’s when it hit me!
In fact, I am giving away 10 nothings. The grand prize winner will get two nothings plus a large banner ad on the back of my home page!*
I will link to the websites of the ten winners to present them with their prizes. If I have anything left over I will select more winners!
So, please enter today. Enter often. Tell everyone about it. Stay tuned for the big post on February 4th announcing the winners.
*The back of my home page appears on the back of your monitor. I am not sure how this works, and I know that results may vary so, if you can not see it the is nothing I can do about it!